In June 2020, Mayor Brian Bowman re-appointed Vivian to Acting Deputy Mayor for a 3rd consecutive year. She currently also serves as a committee member to the following:
- Lord Selkirk-West Kildonan Community Committee;
- Standing Policy Committee on Protection, Community Services & Parks; and
- Standing Policy Committee on Property and Planning, Heritage and Downtown Development.
These committees meet at least once a month and the calendar schedule is available on the City of Winnipeg's website. The Agenda for all committee and Council meetings are published online 96 hours in advance of the pre-scheduled meetings. For open and transparency, all committee and Council meetings are also live streamed here.
In conjunction with Vivian’s current role as City Councillor, she has undertaken important portfolios and roles that not only help the constituents of Point Douglas Ward, but also helps the City of Winnipeg as a whole. They are as follows:
- November 2020, Council voted Vivian as Chair of Winnipeg Committee for Safety, a volunteer citizen led committee mandated to empower local organizations that wishes to make our communities safer and healthier for all.
- Work with the Public Service and the Chair of the Standing Policy Committee on Protection, Community Services and Parks, to implement a new three-year recreation and library facility investment strategy of up to $50 million.
- Board Member on
During Vivian's term in office, she has also been a member on other boards and committees:
- Standing Policy Committee on Infrastructure, Renewal and Public Works
- Chair, Mayor's Advisory Committee on Arts, Heritage & Culture
- Council Liaison for Manitoba School Boards & Youth Opportunities
- Board Member on